Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
JoME Creative Submission Guidelines
JoME is a pedagogical journal published electronically four times each year by BEA. JoME is a hybrid journal that publishes editor-reviewed articles and peer-reviewed creative content. Its mission is to provide resources associated with the education and employment of students in various media fields and to promote communication among educators and media professionals.
All creative content submitted to JoME is blindly peer-reviewed and adheres to the same series of standards and guidelines set by BEA’s Festival of Media Arts Committee.
1. Predominant Authorship and Originality: JoME invites submissions of original creative works in which the submitter maintained predominant authorship over the project’s content and aesthetics (producing, directing, writing, editing, etc.).
a. Partial works or works-in-progress will not be accepted.
2. Legal Permissions: The submitter agrees to clear all licenses, copyrights, and permissions to ensure that the submission can legally and ethically be presented in JoME. If an entity other than the submitter owns the rights to all or part of the submitted program, the submitter must attach written consent from the owner or an authorized representative of the owner to the submission form.
3. Language: Works must be in English or have English subtitles.
1. Evaluation Criteria: Submissions are evaluated according to the following criteria: 1) professionalism; 2) the use of aesthetic and/or creative elements; 3) sense of structure and timing; 4) production values; 5) technical merit; and 6) the overall contribution to the discipline in both form and substance.
2. Reviewers: A panel comprised of media educators and/or industry professionals with expertise in the submitted category will review each submission.
3. Blind Review: Every effort will be made to conduct a blind review of each submission. Wherever possible, submitters should remove information that points to the identity of the work’s author and/or co-author(s).